Supplier – Kings Seeds
KINGS SEEDS HISTORY:
- Essex has been the centre of English seed production for many centuries. Its climate and rainfall are ideal for raising plants and taking them through the growing cycle to obtain the highest quality of seed.
- Kings have been following that process for over a hundred years. On our farm of some 300 acres, we have been selecting and maintaining seed stocks longer than most. We are now unique in that Kings is the last surviving wholesale horticultural seed merchant in the country.
- We have been supplying seeds to commercial growers of flowers and vegetables, wholesale to large users of seed and to the home gardener through our seed packets, since 1888. Whichever type of customer Kings are supplying they all have one thing in common; they all receive the same fine quality seed.
- There have been many changes over the hundred years of our company’s existence and there will be many more in the next hundred but quality of the highest standard is one thing that has never changed at Kings and never will in the future.
- We like to think we have survived this long as all our seeds are tested in our own laboratory, by a qualified technician, for germination, vigour and purity, before being packed and distributed worldwide.
- We have had many memorable events over the last 126 years but perhaps one of our proudest was to achieve Gold at the RHS Chelsea Flower Show. The judges said they felt our stand was “fascinating, educational with fantastic attention to detail”, which we think sums up perfectly. We are still an independent British-owned company with no allegiance to any particular breeder which allows us to choose the varieties we feel are better, based purely on performance.
- We have won an award (Silver for “Best Fruit and Veg Seed” category) in the Great British Growing Awards 2018.
Our Main Suppliers