Seeds  


Organic - Coming Soon



Franchi Seeds are the world’s oldest family run seed co. 94% of all veg varieties have been lost in 100 years. Franchi supply some of the remaining 6%
By using Franchi seeds you are supporting BioDiversity. We were found to be the most ethical major packet seed brand by Ethical Consumer Magazine 26/2/16, we’re Vegetarian Society Vegan approved, Slow Food UK approved and multiple RHS medal winners.





 

Essex has been the centre of English seed production for many centuries. Its climate and rainfall are ideal for raising plants and taking them through the growing cycle to obtain the highest quality of seed.

Kings have been following that process for over a hundred years. On our farm of some 300 acres, we have been selecting and maintaining seed stocks longer than most. We are now unique in that Kings is the last surviving wholesale horticultural seed merchant in the country.

We supply seed to commercial growers of flowers and vegetables, wholesale to large users of seed and to the home gardener through our seed packets. Whichever type of customer Kings are supplying they all have one thing in common; they all receive the same fine quality seed.

There have been many changes over the hundred years of our company’s existence and there will be many more in the next hundred but quality of the highest standard is one thing that has never changed at Kings and never will in the future.








Sow it, Grow it, Eat it! Jekka’s Herb Seeds

A range of herb seeds, from Jekka McVicar, the UK’s leading herb expert.

The history of Jekka’s starts back in 1984 in the back garden of our home in Filton, Bristol. A passion that outgrew the garden and resulted in the move to Alveston in 1987, at which time the farm was growing just 26 varieties of herbs; this has now increased to over 400 varieties. Over the last three decades Jekka’s has evolved from supplying garden centres to an online mail order business and from 2013, when we created Jekka’s Herbetum and school offering master classes and tours.

Jekka is an expert, author and broadcaster on the cultivation and use of herbs. She has published several books including Jekka’s Herb Cook Book and Jekka’s Complete Herb Book, which has sold over 1 million copies worldwide. She regularly contributes to the BBC Gardeners’ World Magazine, RHS The Garden, BBC Good Food and The Guardian. She has also appeared on many television programmes, recently in the Great British Garden Revival and Mary Berry Cooks.