‘Lawns maketh a garden’ someone once told me, possibly the largest area of a garden and the one area that rarely gets fed! You may not want a bowling green lawn, just somewhere the kids can play, the dog can run about on but every lawn will do better with a regular feed. Invest a little time in controlling the weeds & moss and the lawn with gives you years of pleasure!
|A blend of quality, hard wearing varieties ideal for starting a new lawn, over-seeding worn grass or filling in bare patches.
Hard wearing lawn seed
Creates a lush, green durable lawn
Ideal for establishing new lawns & over-seeding existing lawns
|A blend of quick growing, hard wearing varieties ideal for over-seeding worn grass or filling in bare patches.
Faster coverage ideal for over-seeding & repairs
Coating protects seed against stress & bird attack
The fastest way to a thick luscious green lawn
|A blend of superior grass seed varieties ideal for starting a new lawn, over-seeding worn grass or filling in bare patches.
Promotes a fine, closely-knit turf, Ideal for luxury & ornamental lawns
Creates a velvety lush green lawn
Unique Seed Coating
Excellent bird deterrent
|We also sell a range of lawn products from Empathy (Rootgrow) & Neudorff|
|Micro-Nutrient Coated Seed Gro-Sure® Lawn Seed is coated to significantly improve germination and for quicker establishment
• Excellent bird deterrent
• Organic compounds attract and retain moisture around the seed
• Micro nutrients for strong healthy rooting and rapid establishment
• Larger, heavier seed gets right down to soil surface for improved germination
• Plant hormones to stimulate growth
How to sow a new lawn
1. Prepare the soil by clearing away any debris and weeds
2. Dig over the soil, breaking down any lumps and tread the soil to firm it again. Level with a rake
3. Shake the box to mix up the seeds. Sprinkle in 2 passes at right angles to each other at rate of 30g/sq. m
4. Lightly rake into the surface
How to thicken an existing lawn
1. Remove any weeds. Mow the lawn closely. If the ground is compacted aerate using a garden fork
2. Spread Westland Lawn and Turf Dressing to fill any shallow holes and to level-out the surface
3. Shake the box to mix up the seeds. Sprinkle in 2 passes at right angles to each other at rate of 25g/sq.m
4. Lightly rake into the surface
Lightly firm the ground by walking over it or use a roller. This will press the seed into the soil. Water thoroughly. Use a fine-rosed watering can or sprinkler. Take care not to wash the seeds away. Water daily until established. In very hot conditions water late in the day once the sun has gone down. It is better to water thoroughly once rather than several times lightly. Mow for the first time when grass is 5-8cm high. Gradually lower the cutting height to about 2.5cm. After 8 weeks we recommend feeding with Aftercut 3 Day Green Lawn Feed.
When to sow
Lawn seed may be sown from March to October. Ideally sow during March to May or September to October.
4-5 days before sowing a new lawn, lightly rake Growmore into the soil.
When preparing to sow, if the soil is dry water it thoroughly the day before and leave to soak in overnight.
The top of the soil should be dry with moist soil just below the surface on the day of sowing.